Knowledge Base

Who do I contact if a tree is interfering with utility wires?

Category: Trees
The United Illuminating utility company handles all work that has to deal with their wires.

To report a tree trimming problem, please call United Illuminating at 1-800-7-CALL UI (1-800-722-5584). When you call, please have the following information ready:

Your contact information

Address of tree problem
One of the following pieces of information: Cross Street - Landmark - Pole Number

Important: It is vital that you DO NOT attempt to trim the tree yourself. Serious injury or death could result.

Updated 10/6/2011 7:03 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!