Description of Services
Civil Service, also known as Human Resources, is dedicated to the recruitment of qualified candidates through an objective process of advertising, testing, and recruiting applicants for entrance or promotion within the system. Top candidates are referred to the various department heads for their final choice. We also provide jobs for students during the summer through our Summer Youth Program.
We are responsible for the administration of employee health, dental, prescription drug, vision, basic and supplemental life plans.
Our department provides effective service and vital information to employees and retirees, as well as maintains all personnel files and employee's benefits.
The Town of Trumbull only accepts applications for positions which are currently open. To apply for a position with the Trumbull Public Schools, please visit www.trumbullps.org/vac.htm.
Forms & Documents
Listing files in 'Human Resources/Civil Service'
Current Job Openings
PART TIME KENNEL ASSISTANT
$11.50 per hour | Up to 19 ½ hrs per week, weekends and holidays. Feeds animals, cleans kennels, and maintains shelter facility.Answers phone calls and assists with daily shelter operations.Dog handling experience preferred.Must be at least 18 years old & possess valid CT driver’s license.
TO APPLY: Please download the application and remit to Town of Trumbull Civil Service/HR Dept. at 5866 Main Street, Trumbull, CT 06611
Announcement | Application
CIVIL ENGINEER I
WAGE GRADE: H | SALARY: $30.61 | HOURS: 4
CLOSING DATE: Until sufficient number of applications are received.
Announcement | General Statement of Duties | Application
HIRING CLERKS for TRUMBULL BOARDS & COMMISSIONS MEETINGS
Clerks are responsible for the timely posting of meeting times and agendas, handling of all documents and the taking of minutes during meetings of Boards & Commissions. Minutes are brief summaries of motions and votes that occurred incorporating the documents distributed at meetings. After each meeting, the Minute Clerk is responsible for typing the minutes and filing appropriately with the Town Clerk.
The Clerk Position includes the ability to:
• Attend meetings that may be held at in the evening or during normal business hours depending on the time scheduled by the particular Board or Commission;
• Maintain accurate and complete records of meetings, agendas, and related documents for the Official Record;
• Organize, prioritize, and complete work assignments with minimal supervision and under time constraints;
• Proof read and edit; and
• Process, execute, distribute, and file the official records.
• Familiarity with word processing and typing proficiency;
• Must be detail oriented, accurate; and organized; and
• Demonstrate a command of written and spoke English, including grammar, spelling, syntax, diction, and style.
FOR MORE INFORMATION & TO APPLY, please contact the FIRST SELECTMAN’S OFFICE @ 203.452.5005
Director of Labor Relations
Mary Ann Meier
5866 Main St.
Trumbull, CT 06611
Phone: (203) 452-5040
Fax: (203) 452-3856
Mon.-Fri. 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
Closed for Legal Holidays