The Trumbull Health Departments focuses on promoting healthy lifestyles by addressing chronic, acute, and communicable diseases. We are committed to improving the health of the community by partnering, supporting, and working closely with community members, and local and national health-related organizations.
Health Education and Wellness Promotion and Disease Prevention
The THD provides health education and wellness promotion through outreach and education to citizens, schools, businesses, public and private entities. Most of our health promotion services are provided free of charge.
Prevention, Monitoring and Control of Communicable Diseases
The THD investigates, monitors, tracks and implements control measures to address communicable diseases in order to reduce their spread in the larger community, working closely with the Connecticut Department of Public Health and other health agencies to prevent and control the spread of disease.
Prevention, Detection and Control of Chronic Diseases
The THD provides educational programs and prevention programs/screenings for early prevention, detection and control of chronic diseases.
Health Monitoring Clinics
The THD offers pediatric and adult vaccination clinics. All vaccinations are administered by a Registered Nurse, and the cost for vaccinations vary. Please schedule an appointment for all vaccinations by calling the THD at (203) 452-1030.
Free "Putting on AIRS" Program!
Increase your asthma awareness and reduce asthma triggers in your home. Contact us at (203) 452-1035.
The Connecticut Dept of Public Health provides information and resources on Disease & Prevention topics, including:
- Arthritis, Asthma, Cancer, Diabetes, Food Protection, Healthcare Associated Infections
- Heart Disease, Hepatitis, HIV/AIDS, Infectious and Vaccine Preventable Disease Fact Sheets, Injury Prevention
- Oral Health, Lyme Disease, Influenza, Avian and Pandemic Flu, Seasonal Flu
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), PANDAS/PANS, Perinatal Depression
- Reportable Diseases List, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Stroke,
- Tick Related Illness, Tobacco Use, Tuberculosis, West Nile virus
The Connecticut Dept of Public Health provides information and resources on Parent & Child Health topics, including:
- Asthma, Child Day Care, Childhood Lead Poisoning, Community Health Centers
- Environmental Health, Immunizations, Nutrition, Oral Health
- Sexual Abuse, Suicide, Tobacco Use, Vital Records
- Youth Camp, Youth Risk Behavior, Women, Infants and Children (WIC Program)
- Connecticut PRAMS, the Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System