Join us as a Volunteer! TEMS Application for Volunteer Service
Trumbull EMS takes great pride in both our career and volunteer staff. We work side by side to current best practice pre-hospital emergency care to all our patients. Our Volunteers are able to work shifts on duty, participate with the career staff in regular continuing medical education opportunities, focus groups and staff meetings, and are honored along with career staff at the TEMS annual awards ceremony.
Our Volunteers are a critical part of our operational structure, assisting with special events, planning and operations. We have several committees, which are run by our volunteer team to help serve our community. These include historical committee, clinical and community education committee, special operations committee, driver education committee, field training officer committee and explorer committee.
- TEMS is solely a 911 service with a high percentage of ALS calls
- TEMS employees have fostered close working relationships with local Hospital Staff, Trumbull PD and Trumbull FD
- TEMS has the support of our EMS Commission who are always available to offer guidance and support
- Up to date fleet of EMS vehicles with driver training opportunities
- TEMS employees utilize the most up to date equipment which meets or exceeds the National average
- TEMS has the ongoing support of the Town Of Trumbull
- Flexible scheduling allows for maintaining your current work, family or school commitments while serving your community
- Stand alone headquarters base with eating, sleeping and bathing facilities for our team
- Monthly educational opportunities in house
- Peer to peer support
- Join our Community Outreach programs
- Join our Education team and assist with training/ mentoring
Meet Our Volunteers
||EMT Paulina H has been a member of the service since she was 14 years old, starting with Trumbull EMS’s youth program. Paulina got her EMT license when she was 16, and has continued to be a dedicated member for the past 5 years. Trumbull EMS has not only become a second family for Paulina, but it has become her stepping stone into the medical world as she continues her education at the University of Bridgeport’s first nursing program. Working as an EMT here in Trumbull, has given her a unique interaction with patients, hospital and nursing home staff, and other health care providers which will prove vital in her work as a student nurse.
|| EMR Bob H. has been spending his Saturdays volunteering here at Trumbull EMS for over 30 years. Bob's love of EMS and medicine is shared by his family, and over the years Bob has been joined by wife Alissa and sons Michael and David, who have all been a part of our volunteer family. Come down and chat to Bob and our TEMS family when you are in the neighborhood!
|EMR Janet F. joined the TEMS family in 2008 when she first moved to Trumbull. Janet brings her positive energy and boundless enthusiasm into work and we were so thrilled she shared her personal journey with us:
"I had always been interested in EMS, but I never did any training until I had the exposure and loved it! I started as a driver and was inspired to further my training, becoming an EMR.
I actually work in health care every day, but EMS is different. You have a very small window of time and must think on your feet!