Board of Finance
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Vincent DeGennaro, Alternate
Email Vincent DeGennaro
- Christine El Eris, Alternate
Email Christine El Eris
- Marc Mascola, Alternate
Email Marc Mascola
Town Charter Description
Section 1. Board of Finance:
- Composition and election. The Town shall have a Board of Finance consisting of six members who shall be elected for terms of four years each and three alternate members. Three members shall be elected for full terms at each Town election. The provisions of minority representation as set forth under section 9- 167a, of the General Statutes as amended, shall apply to the Board of Finance and each political party may nominate and elect as many members of the Board of Finance as shall be permitted by the minority representation provisions of said section 9-167a. Each alternate member shall be appointed by the Town Council to serve for a term of three years. The term of one alternate member shall expire each year.
- Powers and duties. The Board of Finance shall have the powers granted and the duties imposed by this Charter together with the powers granted and the duties imposed by the General Statutes on boards of finance except to the extent that the latter may be inconsistent with or in conflict with any of the provisions of this Charter.
- Internal Auditor. The Board of Finance shall appoint an internal finance and operations auditor. Upon the direction of the Board of Finance, the Auditor shall have the authority to audit the finances and operations of any Trumbull government entity, included but not limited to, the Town, the Board of Education, Enterprise Funds, Special Agency Accounts and any other government entity receiving and/or spending use charges and any other income. The Auditor shall present his/her reports to the Board of Finance.
The Board of Finance shall have the powers granted and the duties imposed by this Charter together with the powers granted and the duties imposed by the General Statutes on boards of finance except to the extent that the latter may be inconsistent with or in conflict with any of the provisions of this Charter.