Elderly and Disabled Homeowners Program
HOMEOWNERS TAX RELIEF PROGRAM INFORMATION: CURRENT REAPPLICATION REQUIREMENTS HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED BY GOVERNOR LAMONT'S EXECUTIVE ORDER 10. YOUR BENEFITS WILL CONTINUE AT THE SAME LEVEL.
First time applicants will need to apply, please contact the office by phone at 203-452-5016 before the May 14, 2021 deadline. If we are unable to pick up or after hours please leave a message with your phone number and we will call you back ASAP. Please note: the office is currently open by appointment only, please call first.
If you need to submit a plate cancellation receipt or proof of disposal please do so by mail or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you have any questions, please call 203-452-5016 to leave a voicemail (we will return your call ASAP) or email to email@example.com .
5866 Main Street
Trumbull, CT 06611
In Trumbull, as required by Connecticut law, assessments are done based on 70% of the fair market value of all real estate, motor vehicles and business personal property. The revaluation of Trumbull real estate to determine fair market value was completed for the October 1, 2015 Grand List.
Our next scheduled Real Property revaluation is for October 1, 2021. Motor vehicle values are annually determined through the use of the NADA Guide and business personal property is valued through the use of annual declarations verified by independent audit.
Trumbull’s Grand List is comprised of the assessed value of all real estate, motor vehicles and personal property.
2019 GL mill rate is 34.74.
- Elderly and Disabled Tax Relief Program Handout (PDF)
- 2020 Income and Expense Form and Instruction (PDF)
- 2018 Mill Rate History (PDF)
- 2020 Trumbull Declaration of Personal Property (PDF)
- 2020 Trumbull Manufacturing Machinery Equipment Exemption Claim Form and Itemized List (PDF)
- Active Duty Non-Resident Motor Vehicle Exemption Form (PDF)
- Active Duty Resident Motor Vehicle Exemption Form (PDF)
- Board of Assessment Appeals Form (PDF)
- Exemptions (PDF)
- How to Petition the Board of Assessment Appeals (PDF)
- Solar Energy Exemption Application (PDF)
- Tax Exempt Organization Application and Quadrennial Renewal Report (PDF)