Board of Assessment Appeals hearings will be held on April 5, 7, 12, 13, 14 and 28, 2022. The Assessor’s Office will notify applicants of the date, place, and time of their hearing.
Applications to Appeal must be received in the Tax Assessor’s office no later than March 18, 2022.
For more information, please go to the Board of Assessment Appeals page here: /419/Board-of-Assessment-Appeals
The Application to Appeal can be found here: /DocumentCenter/View/1172/Board-of-Assessment-Appeals-Form-PDF
Instructions on how to petition the Board of Assessment Appeals can be found here: /DocumentCenter/View/1174/How-to-Petition-the-Board-of-Assessment-Appeals-PDF
In Trumbull, as required by Connecticut law, assessments are done based on 70% of the fair market value of all real estate, motor vehicles and business personal property.
Motor vehicle values are annually determined through the use of the NADA Guide and business personal property is valued through the use of annual declarations verified by independent audit.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: There has been a revision to the informal hearing dates scheduled. The new informal hearing dates will be held on the weeks of January 17 and January 24, 2022. Please contact Municipal Valuation services for further questions regarding scheduling at (203) 292- 5500.
01/14/2022 Update: Vision software is updating the Town’s database and it should be available at the beginning of next week. Thank you for your patience.
The Town of Trumbull is currently conducting the State of Connecticut’s mandated revaluation process. The Town hired Municipal Valuations Services, LLC (Munival) of Fairfield, CT to assist the Town with the revaluation. As part of this process, Munival mailed each household a data verification letter in July 2021 containing specific information to your household. Residents were asked to review the form and return it back to Munival for review. This information was used to help determine property values. Please click on link for additional Revaluation information: Trumbull 2021 Revaluation Project (PDF), and refer to the Frequently Asked Questions below:
Trumbull’s Grand List is comprised of the assessed value of all real estate, motor vehicles and personal property.
2020 GL mill rate is 35.42.
2021 Personal Property Online Filing
Elderly and Disabled Homeowners Program
If you need to submit a plate cancellation receipt or proof of disposal please do so by mail or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you have any questions, please call 203-452-5016 to leave a voicemail (we will return your call ASAP) or email to email@example.com .
5866 Main Street
Trumbull, CT 06611
- Trumbull Mill Rate History (PDF)
- Elderly and Disabled Homeowners Program (PDF)
- Personal Property Online Filing Instructions (PDF)
- 2021 Trumbull Declaration of Personal Property (PDF) (short form)
- 2021 Trumbull Declaration of Personal Property (PDF) (long form)
- 2021 Unregistered Motor Vehicles (PDF)
- 2021 Trumbull Manufacturing Machinery Equipment Exemption Claim Form and Itemized List (PDF)
- 2021 Farm Machinery Exemption Application (100k) (PDF)
- 2021 Farm Machinery Exemption Application (200K Local) (PDF)
- 2021 Income and Expense Form and Instruction (PDF)
- Active Duty Non-Resident Motor Vehicle Exemption Form (PDF)
- Active Duty Resident Motor Vehicle Exemption Form (PDF)
- Board of Assessment Appeals Form (PDF)
- Exemptions (PDF)
- How to Petition the Board of Assessment Appeals (PDF)
- Solar Energy Exemption Application (PDF)
- Tax Exempt Organization Application and Quadrennial Renewal Report (PDF)