Town offices will be opening 7/1/20 with limited access to the public to limit exposure to COVID-19. The Tax Assessor’s Office will be open by appointment only Monday thru Thursday. The majority of questions or problems can be resolved by e-mail or phone call. Please contact us before making an appointment. To contact us, please email (Directory) or call (leave a message if no answer, we will return the call ASAP).
If you must come to town hall (after making an appointment) it is mandatory that you wear a mask and have identification, as you will be signing in and asked health questions before admittance. Click here if making an appointment: Schedule an Appointment.
Tax Deferment: We know that many homeowners and businesses are struggling in these uncertain times. The Governor issued an executive order that gave towns options to help defer taxes. On Tuesday, April 21, 2020, the Trumbull Town Council approved a deferment program for all taxpayers, including businesses, in Trumbull. The deferment applies to the following taxes and fees that became due on April 1, 2020 and that will become due through and including July 1, 2020.
- April 1st real estate tax and sewer assessment: last day for payment without interest is extended from May 1, 2020 to July 1, 2020
- May 1st sewer use fee: last day for payment without interest is extended from June 1, 2020 to August 3, 2020
- July 1st real estate tax, sewer assessment, personal property tax, and motor vehicle tax: last day for payment without interest is extended from August 3, 2020 to October 1, 2020
- Imposition of lien fees is not affected.
- Real estate accounts in escrow and paid by a bank are not eligible for this program
- No application is necessary for taxpayers, including businesses, unless they are considered a landlord.
Tax Deferment for Landlords: Trumbull landlords who wish to be included in the program will need to file an eligibility application. To learn more about how to qualify from the Tax Assessor’s office, please call 203-452-5016 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For safety and security reasons, there will be no drop off box for tax payments. Please mail in payments or use our online system. No cash will be accepted through the mail. If mailing your tax payment, please address to Trumbull Town Hall, Tax Collector, 5866 Main Street, Trumbull, CT 06611. Use the following link to pay your taxes online: https://www.trumbull-ct.gov/285/Online-Tax-InquiryPayment-System
Elderly and Disabled Homeowners Program - At this time the Assessor’s office is closed. Please note: the filing requirements have changed this year per the Governor’s Executive Order 7S – Click here for more information. If you have any further questions please call 203-452-5016 to leave a voicemail or email to: email@example.com.
Motor Vehicle - If you need to submit a plate cancellation receipt or proof of disposal please do so by mail or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Income and Expense Forms – Per Governor’s Executive Order 7S, the filing deadline has been extended to August 15. Forms will be mailed out (and available for download) approximately May 1.
Please be patient and check back for future updates.
If you have any questions please call 203-452-5016 to leave a voicemail (we will return your call ASAP) or email to email@example.com .
5866 Main Street
Trumbull, CT 06611
In Trumbull, as required by Connecticut law, assessments are done based on 70% of the fair market value of all real estate, motor vehicles and business personal property. The revaluation of Trumbull real estate to determine fair market value was completed for the October 1, 2015 Grand List.
Our next scheduled Real Property revaluation is for October 1, 2020. Motor vehicle values are annually determined through the use of the NADA Guide and business personal property is valued through the use of annual declarations verified by independent audit.
Trumbull’s Grand List is comprised of the assessed value of all real estate, motor vehicles and personal property.
2018 GL mill rate is 34.74.
Reminder: Senior & Disabled Tax Relief Program Application time is February 1, 2020 – May 15, 2020.
- 2019 Elderly and Disabled Tax Relief Program Handout (PDF)
- 2019 Income and Expense Form and Instruction (PDF)
- 2018 Mill Rate History (PDF)
- 2020 Trumbull Declaration of Personal Property (PDF)
- 2019 Trumbull Manufacturing Machinery Equipment Exemption Claim Form and Itemized List (PDF)
- Active Duty Non-Resident Motor Vehicle Exemption Form (PDF)
- Active Duty Resident Motor Vehicle Exemption Form (PDF)
- Board of Assessment Appeals Form (PDF)
- Exemptions (PDF)
- How to Petition the Board of Assessment Appeals (PDF)
- Solar Energy Exemption Application (PDF)
- Tax Exempt Organization Application and Quadrennial Renewal Report (PDF)