Online Tax Inquiry/Payment System
Pay Taxes Online
Taxpayers now have a quick and convenient way to pay taxes. Make online payments for real estate, personal property, and motor vehicle taxes as well as sewer assessment and sewer use charges. You can view and pay bills and see payment information for tax purposes.
View and Pay Taxes online Note that payments made online will be reflected the following day.
We know that many homeowners and businesses are struggling in these uncertain times. The Governor issued an executive order that gave towns options to help defer taxes. On Tuesday, April 21, 2020, the Trumbull Town Council approved a deferment program for all taxpayers, including businesses, in Trumbull. The deferment applies to the following taxes and fees that became due on April 1, 2020 and that will become due through and including July 1, 2020.
- April 1st real estate tax and sewer assessment: last day for payment without interest is extended from May 1, 2020 to July 1, 2020
- May 1st sewer use fee: last day for payment without interest is extended from June 1, 2020 to August 3, 2020
- July 1st real estate tax, sewer assessment, personal property tax, and motor vehicle tax: last day for payment without interest is extended from August 3, 2020 to October 1, 2020
- Imposition of lien fees is not affected.
- Real estate accounts in escrow and paid by a bank are not eligible for this program
- No application is necessary for taxpayers, including businesses, unless they are considered a landlord.
Tax Deferment for Landlords: Trumbull landlords who wish to be included in the program will need to file an eligibility application. To learn more about how to qualify from the Tax Assessor’s office, please call 203-452-5016 or email email@example.com.
For safety and security reasons, there will be no drop off box for tax payments. Please mail in payments or use our online system. No cash will be accepted through the mail. If mailing your tax payment, please address to Trumbull Town Hall, Tax Collector, 5866 Main Street, Trumbull, CT 06611. Use the following link to pay your taxes online: https://www.trumbull-ct.gov/285/Online-Tax-InquiryPayment-System
Important Notice Regarding Payment of Delinquent Motor Vehicle Taxes
For an immediate Motor Vehicle release, payments must be made in person at the Trumbull Tax Collector’s Office with cash or certified check only. When using the online payment system, there will be a 3 working day wait for a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) release on all payments made by debit or credit card, you must call the office on the third working day for this release. There is a 10 working day wait for a DMV release for payments made by e-check. All outstanding vehicle taxes in your name, including taxes not yet delinquent, must be paid in order for a release to be issued. This includes the January installment.
Taxpayers can also view and print payment information for income tax or other purposes. If the tax office is requested to print this information, there will be a fee of $1 per page.
Information on how taxes are assessed, how tax rates are set, and how to appeal taxes should be directed to the Office of the Tax Assessor at 203-452-5016.