- Departments M - S
- Public Works
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection
Household Hazardous Waste Collection
The Town of Trumbull offers a Household Hazardous Waste Collection program each year. Trumbull, Monroe, and Easton residents may participate. Residents will be required to show their Connecticut Driver's License when they drop off their hazardous waste materials.
Hazardous Waste Collection Day
Date: Saturday, December 3, 2022
Time: 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Place: 307 Indian Ledge Park Drive next to BMX Facility
There are restrictions on pesticides that contain neonicotinoid pesticides because they are highly toxic to bees and other pollinators. Please check your household for these products, remove them from use, and bring to the Trumbull Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day for proper disposal.
From the CT DEEP: Notice of Reclassification of Neonicotinoid Pesticides Used for Treating Plants
Transport Materials Safely
Follow these tips and transport the hazardous waste materials safely for proper disposal:
- Bring materials in original containers securely closed.
- Pack containers in sturdy upright boxes and pad with newspaper, if necessary.
- Never mix chemicals together!
- Never smoke or eat while handling hazardous materials.
- Leaking or broken containers must be contained.
- Do not leave vehicles unless instructed to do so.
Examples of What to Bring
- Oil and Latex Based Paints & Strippers
- Paint Thinner, Solvents, Stains & Varnishes
- Solvent Adhesives
- Lighter Fluid
- Waste Fuels: Kerosene, Gasoline (gas cans will not be returned)
- Engine Degreaser
- Carburetor Cleaner, Brake Fluid
- Transmission Fluid
- Pesticides & Insecticides
- Weed Killers, Moth Balls
- Flea Powder
- Resins & Adhesives @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Rubber Cement, Airplane Glue
- Hobby Supplies, Artist Supplies
- Photo Chemicals, Chemistry Sets
- Furniture, Floor, Metal Polishes
- Oven, Toilet & Drain Cleaners
- Rug & Upholstery Cleaner
- Dry Cleaning Solvents
- Spot Removers
- Swimming Pool Chemicals
- Fluorescent Light Bulbs
- Mercury thermometers @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Examples of What Not to Bring
- Ammunition, Fireworks, Explosives
- Infectious & Biological Wastes
- Prescription Drugs/Syringes
- Commercial or Industrial Waste
- Empty Containers
- Compressed Gas Cylinders/Propane Tanks @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Tires *
- Antifreeze *
- Waste Motor Oil *
- Car Batteries *
- Household Alkaline Batteries *
- Cooking Oil * @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>