Social and cultural activities exist here for people of all ages. Attend our cultural programs, the annual arts festival, or our free weekly outdoor summer concerts. Our Nature and Arts Center offers a place to learn about the environment. Visit Trumbull's Library, which serves both as a family community center as well as a business resource center offering book discussions, movies, workshops, and music programs.
Description of Services
Trumbull takes great pride in our natural landscape, and has set aside over 1,600 acres of town land as recreational areas and open space.
Outdoor recreational opportunities include:
- 18-hole Tashua Knoll's public golf course
- 9-hole, par-33 executive Tashua Glen public golf course
- Basketball and volleyball courts
- BMX bike track
- Hiking trails
- More than 20 tennis courts, many lit for night play
- Numerous lacrosse, baseball and soccer fields
- One indoor and two outdoor swimming pools
- Tot lots
- Two public and two private natural swimming areas
- Two sprinkler park areas
Hikers and cyclists travel from all over the State to enjoy the trails in Trumbull's Pequonnock River Valley State Park.
The Trumbull Park Commission, Chairman Kevin Bellows (R), and Department are responsible for the care, management and control of all parks and grounds used for park and recreational purposes and all structures thereon. Together, we work in conjunction with all other municipal departments predominately with Public Works, Education, Recreation and Health, as well as with the athletic leagues within our community, to maintain and enhance our beautiful park and recreational facilities.