Bulky Waste Pickup Program
The Town of Trumbull offers an annual Bulky Waste Pickup Program to help residents dispose of items that are difficult for most homeowners to transport. The program begins in April and continues through the end of September. There is no additional charge to use the Bulky Waste Pickup Program.
Bulky Waste Pickup is by appointment only. Each household may only schedule one pickup each year. Residents may begin to schedule appointments with the Department of Public Works beginning on March 1 by calling 203-452-5070 or 203-452-5071. Appointments can be scheduled on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. We recommend that residents call early because appointments fill up quickly!
All appointments have been filled for the remainder of 2019. Check back in late February 2020 for announcement of next year's program.
Day of Pickup
Please have all your waste disposal items at the curb in an orderly fashion by 7:00 AM on the date of your appointment. Your items must be easily accessible to Town equipment and personnel.
If the discard pile is a unorganized or inaccessible to Town equipment and personnel, the Town reserves the right to bypass your pickup and the household will forfeit their pickup opportunity for the year.
Please call the Highway Department at 203-452-5070 for questions.
Sofas, chairs, refrigerators (doors removed), rugs, rug pads, mattresses, dishwashers, washing machines, gas grills, lawn mowers, bicycles, and branches/brush. Branches, brush and metal do not need to be tied, but they must be cut to 4' lengths and stacked neatly at the curb. Metal, brush and wood must be separated into their own respective piles. The maximum amount of brush and branches that will be picked up is equal to the size of a cord of wood, which is 4' x 4' x 8'.
- Bags and/or boxes will not be picked up!
- Household trash, hazardous materials like oil based paint, motor oil, and pesticides. There is a Town wide Household Hazardous Waste Day every year to dispose these materials.
- Recyclable materials (Blue bin stuff)
- Demolition materials like ceramic tile, toilets, asphalt shingles, sheet rock, insulation, concrete or stone. These materials require can be discarded at the Transfer Station / Recycling Center by purchasing Demolition/Dump Tickets at the Highway Department. Each ticket costs $12.00 and will cover up to 125 pounds of materials.
- Vehicles, automobile parts, or tires
- Propane tanks
- Dead animals
- Pieces of wood or metal that are over four feet (4') long, or greater than 6" in diameter.