**RESTROOM UPDATE **
Recently there have been a number of inquiries with regards to the seasonal restrooms within the parks system and their status.
The Trumbull restrooms were constructed as seasonal facilities and are not be able to operate without risk of damage if they are open too early or late in the year. As a stop gap measure for activities that fall at those time during the year, portable toilets have historically been used.
These restrooms have needed improvements for many years with a significant scope of work which included sanitary tile flooring, fixtures, lighting, roof repairs, painting, upgrading our overall plumbing and adding security doors in most every facility. We completed the work at our Beaches Pool facility first and then we moved on to upgrading the remaining facilities in areas that would have very limited disruption to our regular operations. Principal deconstruction commenced sequentially at the end of our regular season in 2019 and we made good progress with the intent to complete the work by early summer 2020…..well that was the plan.
We all are aware that 2020 had an entirely different idea of what we were going to be able to accomplish.
At the present time we are still completing the plumbing and as they are completed we will be opening the restrooms for use. We are looking at a target date of July to be complete and will open each facility for use as each individual restroom is ready.
Operationally, we are going to be making some changes to the restrooms as we move forward. All facilities will be operational by early May annually and will close no later than mid October.
- Pools restrooms will open and close with the Pools operating schedule.
- Twin Brooks and New Unity will be open daily during the season from 9AM to dusk daily.
- Unity, Island Brook, Upper and Lower Indian Ledge, and Old Mine will be opened for scheduled activities only, however portable toilets will be provided in all these locations as well as Long Hill field.
- Kaechele is only used for scheduled events.
I am confident that the inconvenience will are experiencing will yield a tremendous improvement overall.
Thank you and your patience with this process is greatly appreciated.
Dmitri Paris, Superintendent of Parks and Recreation
All Trumbull parks are open from 9am to dusk daily. A valid park sticker is required for all vehicles. We ask all of our residents to adhere to the social distancing guidelines set forth by the CDC and State of Connecticut.
As a reminder, all users must adhere to the social distancing regulations mandated by the State of Connecticut. Please visit https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/Reopen-CT for details.
Organized recreational activities, such as team practices, scrimmages, games, and private or group lessons have always, and will continue to require a permit from Trumbull Parks and Recreation. This includes activities on tennis courts at the high school. For permit information please contact Dave Durand at firstname.lastname@example.org. Certain fields are available to permit holders only. Residents may request a free permit for a Town tennis or pickleball court during the summer months (limit one permit, per household, per week). Please see our tennis page for more details.
Trumbull Parks and Recreation may close locations during or after a weather event in order to prevent damage to a field. Remember: “Don’t Look Up, Look Down”- Athletic fields with standing water or mud will be closed to prevent damage. Please check our Field & Facility Status page for the current status.
Park Regulations (all open locations):
- All vehicles are required to have valid 2020-21 parking permit (park sticker). Please visit www.trumbull-ct.gov/parkstickers for more information.
- Vehicles without a park sticker will be denied entry and/or ticketed.
- Organized sports, including group practices, games, leagues and both private and group instruction on athletic fields and courts requires a permit. This includes all fields and courts on Board of Education properties. Call 203-452-5060 for more information.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times. Please clean up after your pet as required by town ordinance.
- All patrons must obey park signage, including temporary signage.
- “Carry-in, carry-out” trash policy.
- Parking is only allowed in designated lots and is not allowed along roadways or on the grass.
- Decisions to close a park will be made by the police and/or the health department.