***The Vietnam Bridge will be closed for an indeterminate period of time beginning January 13th.
We have been able thus far to close and reopen it daily, but unfortunately the area being worked on requires more significant structural reconstruction and it is not possible to provide access until it is rebuilt.
We will update everyone when we are able to reopen it.
All Trumbull parks are open from 9am-5pm daily (dawn to dusk). A valid park sticker is required for all vehicles. While the parks will be open, certain amenities will remain closed (see the grid below for details). Park Rangers and Police will monitor parking areas, walkways, and trails. We ask all of our residents to adhere to the social distancing guidelines set forth by the CDC and State of Connecticut.
As a reminder, all users must adhere to the social distancing regulations mandated by the State of Connecticut. Please visit https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/Reopen-CT for details.
Organized recreational activities, such as team practices, scrimmages, games, and private or group lessons have always, and will continue to require a permit from Trumbull Parks and Recreation. This includes activities on tennis courts at the high school. For permit information please contact Dave Durand at firstname.lastname@example.org. Certain fields are available to permit holders only. Residents may request a free permit for a Town tennis or pickleball court during the summer months (limit one permit, per household, per week). Please see our tennis page for more details.
Trumbull Parks and Recreation may close locations during or after a weather even in order to prevent damage to a field. Remember: “Don’t Look Up, Look Down”- Athletic fields with standing water or mud will be closed to prevent damage. Please check our Field & Facility Status page for the current status.
As of December 1st, 2020, all town fields are currently closed to recreation.
Park Regulations (all open locations):
- All vehicles are required to have valid 2020-21 parking permit (park sticker). Please visit www.trumbull-ct.gov/parkstickers for more information.
- Vehicles without a park sticker will be denied entry and/or ticketed.
- Organized sports, including group practices, games, leagues and both private and group instruction on athletic fields and courts requires a permit. This includes all fields and courts on Board of Education properties. Call 203-452-5060 for more information.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times. Please clean up after your pet as required by town ordinance.
- All patrons must obey park signage, including temporary signage.
- Face coverings are recommended when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Patrons must follow the social distancing and safety protocols recommended by the CDC and the State of Connecticut. Park Rangers reserve the right to remove patrons who do not practice safe social distancing.
- “Carry-in, carry-out” trash policy.
- Parking is only allowed in designated lots and is not allowed along roadways or on the grass.
- Decisions to close a park will be made by the police and/or the health department.