Effective June 17th, all Trumbull parks will open from 9am-7pm daily. A valid park sticker is required for all vehicles. While the parks will be open, certain amenities will remain closed (see the grid below for details). Park Rangers and Police will monitor parking areas, walkways, and trails. We ask all of our residents to adhere to the social distancing guidelines set forth by the CDC and State of Connecticut.
Per the Governor’s Executive Order, athletic activities may resume during Phase 2, therefore our athletic fields will reopen on June 17th. As a reminder, all users must adhere to the social distancing regulations mandated by the State of Connecticut. Please visit https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/Reopen-CT for details.
Organized recreational activities, such as team practices, scrimmages, games, and private or group lessons have always, and will continue to require a permit from Trumbull Parks and Recreation. This includes activities on tennis courts at the high school. For permit information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Certain fields are available to permit holders only- see the table below for more information. Residents may request a free permit for a Town tennis or pickleball court (limit one permit, per household, per week). Please see our tennis page for more details.
Trumbull Parks and Recreation may close locations during or after a weather even in order to prevent damage to a field. Remember: “Don’t Look Up, Look Down”- Athletic fields with standing water or mud will be closed to prevent damage. Please check our Field & Facility Status page for the current status.
|OPEN||OPEN- PERMITS AVAILABLE*||PERMIT HOLDERS ONLY||CLOSED TO ALL ACTIVITY|
|Elementary school softball fields (Booth Hill, Daniels Farm, Jane Ryan, Middlebrook, & Tashua)||Select Trumbull High School fields:|
1 (McDougall Stadium)
3 (JV Baseball)
5 (JV Softball)
6 (New Turf)
7 (JV Grass)
9 (All Purpose Grass)
10 (Field Hockey)
14 (Practice Field)
B (Javelin/Shot Put)
|Select Trumbull High School Fields:|
2 (Varsity Baseball)
4 (Varsity Softball)
8 (The Pit)
|Indian Ledge #1, #3, and #4 (all grass fields)|
|Phoebe Meadow at Old Mine Park||Tennis/Pickleball courts at Island Brook, Nothnagle, Tashua Knolls, and Unity Parks||Indian Ledge Softball Field||Volleyball Courts at Beach Memorial Park|
|The Dog Park at Indian Ledge Park||Indian Ledge Turf Field||Unity Babe Ruth, #1, #2, and #3 Fields||All park pavilions|
|Playgrounds- reopening during the week of June 22nd.|
** Note- The playground at Beach Memorial Park will remain closed.
|Softball fields at Island Brook Park, Long Hill, and North Madison (Tahsua Recreation Complex)||Kaechele Quads #1, #2, #3, #4||The Playground and Sprinkler Lot at Beach Memorial Park.|
|Madison Middle School Football Field and Track||BMX at Indian Ledge Park||All park restrooms|
|Unity #4, #5, and T-Ball Fields||The Barn at Indian Ledge Park|
|Cricket Pitch at North Madison||Hillcrest Pool|
|Madison Middle School Baseball Field||Sprinkler Lot at Indian Ledge Park (opening July 6th)|
|Unity Volleyball Courts (opening July 6th)|
|Basketball courts at Island Brook and Tashua Knolls Parks (opening July 6th)|
|Beach Memorial and Tashua Knolls Pools (opening July 6th- RESERVATIONS REQUIRED FOR ALL PATRONS)|
*These locations are available on a first-come, first-served basis when not in use by an individual/group with a valid permit. Permits on athletic fields/courts, including all locations at Trumbull High School, are only issued by Trumbull Parks and Recreation.
Park Regulations (all open locations):
- All vehicles are required to have valid 2019 or 2020 parking permit (park sticker). Please visit www.trumbull-ct.gov/parkstickers for more information.
- Vehicles without a park sticker will be denied entry and/or ticketed.
- All playgrounds, restrooms, and pavilions are closed.
- Organized sports, including group practices, games, leagues and both private and group instruction on athletic fields and courts requires a permit. This includes all fields and courts on Board of Education properties. Call 203-452-5060 for more information.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times. Please clean up after your pet as required by town ordinance.
- All patrons must obey park signage, including temporary signage.
- Face coverings are recommended when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Patrons must follow the social distancing and safety protocols recommended by the CDC and the State of Connecticut. Park Rangers reserve the right to remove patrons who do not practice safe social distancing.
- “Carry-in, carry-out” trash policy.
- Parking is only allowed in designated lots and is not allowed along roadways or on the grass.
- Decisions to close a park will be made by the police and/or the health department.