COVID Previous Business Reopening Guidance Archive
Business Reopening Guidance
Phase 3 represents the latest stage of the Governor's reopening plan for Connecticut. Phase 3 is in effect as of October 8, 2020. There are very specific rules that will take place during this phase.
Phase 3 business changes include:
- Restaurants, personal services, hair salons, barber shops, and libraries: Increase from 50 percent to 75 percent capacity indoors. This is subject to COVID-19 safety requirements
- Outdoor event venues (e.g. amphitheaters, race tracks, etc.): Increase from 25 percent to 50 percent capacity. This is dependent on the use of masks and social distancing requirements
- Indoor performing arts venues: These locales will be able to open at 50 percent capacity with masks and social distancing requirements in place
- Bars and nightclubs: These businesses will continue to remain closed.
In addition, Phase 3 will see new changes applied to the size of gatherings:
- Indoor private gatherings at commercial establishment/places of business – 50% capacity, capped at 100 people
- Indoor private gatherings at private residents – 25 people
- Outdoor private gatherings – 150 people
- Indoor graduations – 50% capacity, capped at 200
- Outdoor graduations – 50% capacity of 6-foot spacing, no cap
- Indoor religious gatherings – 50% capacity, capped at 200
- Outdoor religious gatherings – 50% capacity and 6-foot spacing, no cap