2024 Tax Assistance Information
AARP Tax-Aide Program at the Trumbull Library
The AARP Tax-Aide Program offers free tax preparation on Wednesdays and Fridays during tax season (February 2nd - April 12th).
Space is limited and appointments are required, please call the library at 203-452-5197 after January 16th to schedule an appointment.
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT:
- Completed Intake/Interview and Quality Review Sheet (form 13614-C) available to pick up free at the Trumbull Library
- Photo ID or other type of Identification
- Social Security Card and Social Security Benefit Statement (SSA 1099) - if applicable
- A copy of your 2022 tax return and/or prior year AARP Envelope
- All tax forms received for tax year 2023 (W-2, 1095, 1099)
- End of year investment statements (INT, DIV, Stocks, Bonds)
- List of Itemized Deductions (Medical, Donations, Taxes)
- Any other tax documents you might have
- IRS PIN if issued, Cancelled Check for Direct Deposit
NOTE: the AARP Tax-Aide Program is cancelled on days Trumbull Public Schools are closed due to weather.
|Looking for a FEDERAL TAX FORM?
|Looking for a FEDERAL TAX FORM PRIOR YEAR?
|Ask the FEDERAL TAX ASSISTANT a question:
|Looking for a CONNECTICUT TAX FORM?
|Looking for a CONNECTICUT TAX FORM PRIOR YEAR?
|CT FREE INCOME TAX ASSISTANCE INFORMATION:
The Trumbull Library has ordered some Federal tax forms: 1040 and 1040 SR, plus instructions: these are expected to arrive in late January - call for more information. The State of Connecticut will not send Connecticut tax forms and instructions to libraries.
Connecticut Department of Revenue Services Information
The DRS website (https://portal.ct.gov/DRS) has the answer to many state tax questions, including a Frequently Asked Questions page. Taxpayers are also encouraged to call or email DRS with questions specific to their situation. The fastest and easiest way to access state tax forms and instructions is from the DRS website, where these resources can be downloaded and printed.
Connecticut Department of Revenue Services Secure Videoconferencing
DRS now offers remote assistance, where taxpayers can schedule an appointment and receive real-time DRS tax assistance from the comfort of their own homes, from a trained DRS professional during normal business hours, via the online Microsoft Teams platform. To schedule an appointment, contact the DRS Taxpayer Service Center at 860-297-5770 (you may leave a voicemail).
Connecticut Department of Revenue Services Hartford Drop Box
DRS has also set up a drop box, where taxpayers can bring hard copies of their state tax payments and documents, available at our main office in Hartford. The drop box is monitored continually, with distribution to appropriate DRS personnel daily. Bring your return to the street level building entrance at 450 Columbus Boulevard, Hartford, CT, during normal business hours.
File Your Connecticut State Return Online
When ready, the quickest way to file a state income tax return – and the quickest way to receive a tax refund, if one is expected – is online. DRS offers free, electronic filing of individual income tax forms through myconneCT at portal.ct.gov/DRS-myconneCT, which is easy to use, safe and secure.
In order to file your return, you must be able to create a username and log into myconneCT. To create a username, you will need to authenticate your information with one of the following:
- The Federal Adjusted Gross income from one of your three most recently filed Connecticut income tax returns
- A valid Connecticut driver’s license or Connecticut non-driver ID
Connecticut State Tax Form and Instruction Requests by Mail
Upon request, you are welcome to contact DRS at the phone number below to request tax forms, booklets, and instructions that DRS maintains in-house, to be mailed directly to your home address.
Contact the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Normal business hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Phone (ask questions and request paper forms by mail):
- 860-297-5962 (from anywhere)
- 800-382-9463 (Connecticut calls outside the Greater Hartford calling area only)
- 860-297-4911 (TTY, TDD, and Text Telephone users only)
Taxpayers may also call 711 for relay services. A taxpayer must tell the 711 operator the number he or she wishes to call. The relay operator will dial it and then communicate using a TTY with the taxpayer.