Choose from the alphabetized listing, category drop down, or enter a name, then select the Search option.

A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | ALL | ALL (10 per page)

Search Results:
1 - 5 of 5 Listings  
Bunny Fountain
1773 Huntington Turnpike
Trumbull, CT 06611
The Bunny Fountain is located near Nichols green. The fountain was a gift from the Peet family to the citizens of Nichols in 1895. Originally installed at the intersection of Huntington Turnpike and Shelton Road, it was moved to the Turnpike and Unity Road in 1931. In the spring of 1971, it was restored and moved to its present location. It was restored again in 1992;
Burroughs Cider Mill
5913 Main Street
Trumbull, CT 06611
The Burroughs Cider Mill which was built in 1884 by Stephen Burroughs, remained in operation by the family until 1972 and was later restored, remaining at its original location.
Christ Episcopal Church and Tashua Burial Ground
5170 Madison Avenue
Trumbull, CT 06611
Phone: (203) 268-5566
Link: http://www.christchurchtrumbull.org
Services 8:00am & 10:00am with coffee hour following. The property was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2001. The historic property also includes a cemetery. Inside the Church is displayed the original Bible and Book of Common Prayer that was received by the parish in 1762 from England. The 1849 Simmons and McIntyre pipe organ, with 295 pipes, is still used each week for services. The burial ground on the site dates to 1766 and includes 241 plots.
Nichols Farm District
Trumbull, CT 06611
The district was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1987. The district includes many examples of a wide range of architectural styles from the 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th centuries. The buildings stand together in their original village setting with most properties having a period barn or carriage house and ample yards that once served as pasture, fields or gardens and recall the appearance of an inland CT farming community when agriculture was the basis of the local economy. The architecture also reflects the influences of three stages of economic development, the original agricultural settlement, the 19th century industrial activity and the 20th century function as a suburb of a large city.
Trumbull Congregational Church
3115 Reservoir Avenue
Trumbull, CT 06611
Phone: (203) 268-2433
Link: https://trumbullcc.org/
Trumbull Congregational Church is the oldest established church in Trumbull, actually predating the founding of the town by 67 years. The current church is the 4th building. The cornerstone for the current Church was laid on the corner of Reservoir Avenue and lower Church Hill Road on September 28th, 1898, and dedicated on May 11, 1899. Due to the concern of the elements, the church was constructed out of quartz stone which was unusual for a congregational church at this time. Major upgrades to the portico, the stained glass windows, general maintenance as well as handicap accessibility were begun in the 1990’s and continue today.
1 - 5 of 5 Listings