Sector rules in effect throughout Connecticut: As Connecticut continues taking steps to protect residents from the spread of COVID-19, the state has established specific rules for various sectors to keep people safe.
Most sector rules will be eliminated by May 19, 2021: Governor Lamont has announced plans to eliminate most of the state's COVID-19 restrictions for every sector by May 19, 2021, with the exception of certain mask requirements that will remain in effect. The changes will include:
Effective Saturday, May 1, 2021
- The curfew for restaurants, entertainment venues, recreation venues, and theaters will be moved back one hour to 12:00 am midnight.
- Bars that do not serve food can open for service – OUTDOOR ONLY. Food is still required when serving alcohol indoors.
- The 8-person per table limit will be lifted – OUTDOOR ONLY. The limit remains in effect for indoor dining.
Effective Wednesday, May 19, 2021
- All remaining business restrictions will end.
- Indoor masks will continue.
- The Connecticut Department of Public Health (DPH) will issue recommendations for indoor and large outdoor events (e.g., concerts).
We will post additional updates from the State of Connecticut.