The Town of Trumbull is offering an incentive of up to $20,000 for POST certified police officer candidates who successfully complete the application process and are hired by the Town. This incentive is available only to police officers currently certified by the Connecticut POST Council who also have a minimum of two (2) years of experience with another police agency in the State.
Certified police officer candidates who qualify will earn the bonus over the course of their first four (4) years, as they complete each year of service with the Town. Certified officers will also qualify to begin working at a pay grade above the entry level step, dependent upon their previous years of police experience. Those officers are eligible to gain one (1) pay grade step for every two (2) years of experience, up to the maximum salary of $87,070.
The Town will pay qualifying officers the Incentive Bonus of $20,000, in the following installments:
- $2,000 will be paid following successful completion of a probationary training period
- $3,000 will be paid on the officer's one-year anniversary
- $5,000 will be paid on the officer's two-year anniversary
- $5,000 will be paid on the officer's three-year anniversary
- $5,000 will be paid on the officer's four-year anniversary
More information and details are available on PoliceApp.com, and by contacting email@example.com .