What do I need to do to obtain a marriage license?

You must get your license from the town in which the ceremony is to be performed.


Please call prior to coming into the office to set up an appointment with our staff, and bring in the completed Marriage License Worksheet (PDF).

You must get your license from the town in which the ceremony is to be performed.

Marriage licenses are issued through the Town Clerk’s office, any day the office is open up to half an hour before closing time. All Brides and Grooms must appear together by 4 p.m. to be sworn for their license. Payment is by cash or check only, no credit cards. Identification must be provided with current address to be used on the license.

  • If you are under 16 years of age, consent is needed from the Judge of Probate.
  • If you are under 18, parental or guardian consent is needed.


Please bring your current driver’s license with you, or a passport and your filled in Marriage License Worksheet (PDF), fees are as follows:

After Filing

Please email your Marriage License Worksheet to Town Clerk Mary Markham at mmarkham@trumbull-ct.gov, and be sure to complete the bottom of the form with the following information:

  • Contact number for either the bride or groom during working hours
  • Date
  • Where it is to be held
  • Who is performing the wedding

Justices of the Peace

A listing of Trumbull Justices of the Peace can be found here: Justices of the Peace (PDF)

Show All Answers

1. Where can I obtain working papers?
2. How do I become a Notary Public?
3. How do I obtain a copy of a marriage or a death certificate?
4. How do I apply for a dog license? How do I renew my dog's license?
5. How do I obtain a copy of my child's birth certificate?
6. How do I register a business out of my home?
7. What is the conveyance tax in Trumbull?
8. What do I need to do to obtain a marriage license?
9. Where do I go to get a streetlight fixed or put onto my street?
10. Where do I go to get a stop sign on my street?
11. Where can I find information about hazardous waste?
12. When will my leaves be picked up by the town?
13. Who do I call if my mailbox gets hit in the winter?
14. Do I need a permit to have a tag sale?
15. Where do I get a subdivision map of my property?
16. To whom do I speak to get permission to put up a fence?
17. How do I arrange to get a pickup of large items?
18. What are the fees for recordings?
19. Where do I obtain a Parks sticker for my car?
20. How do I obtain an absentee ballot?
21. How do I submit a Freedom of Information Request?
22. How can I perform a Title Search?