Most Town of Trumbull offices and buildings are open to the public including Town Hall, the Recreation Office, and the EMS building. These buildings are reopened on a staggered basis for employees and by appointment only for the public until further notice.
Members of the public must have an appointment to come into any Town Building with the exception of the Tax Collector’s and Town Clerk’s offices where walk-ins are welcome. To schedule an appointment, visit https://veoci.com/veoci/p/form/4cakv8xncy7b#tab=entryForm and follow the directions for the department you wish to visit. Residents can always call by phone and make appointments. Please call (203) 452-5000 for a directory of departments. If you are unable to locate a department, please call (203) 452-5005 for assistance.
Please email us at email@example.com, or call us at 203-452-5020 (if we miss you, please leave a voicemail and we will return your call). We have developed new protocols for handling signoffs from other departments, invoices and credit card payments. Some inspections may be able to be done live using FaceTime, and plan reviews may be done by email. For more information about permitting, please click here: https://www.trumbull-ct.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1091
The responsibility of the Building Department is to review all construction documents for compliance with the Connecticut State Building Code, and to issue necessary permits. It is also the responsibility of the Building Department to monitor all projects while under construction, perform a final inspection and issue a Certificate of Occupancy. We answer emergency calls from fire dispatch to assess damage to determine if structures may be occupied.
According to the Connecticut State Building Code section R109.3: It shall be the duty of the permit holder or their agent to notify the building official that such work is ready for inspection.
- Permit Applications must be submitted in person.
- Mailed in applications will not be processed.
- Cash or Check are the only forms of payment.
- One check per address.
- Basement Construction Guide (PDF)
- Building Permit Procedure and Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Commercial and Industrial Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE) (PDF)
- Demolition Requirements (PDF)
- Generator Permit Application Information (PDF)
- Safety Message About Smoke Alarms (PDF)
- Smoke Detector Public Act (PDF)
- Snow Load Information (PDF)
- Why Do I Need a Permit (PDF)