HOW TO REGISTER:
Individuals may register for a program by visiting Trumbull Parks & Recreation: Online Registration by MyRec.com Recreation Management Software or by visiting our office, located at 5892 Main Street. Those registering in our office will need to complete a copy of our Program Registration Form, which are available at our office.
MOST PROGRAMS ARE OPEN TO TRUMBULL RESIDENTS ONLY. Select programs may offer a limited number of non-resident registrations at a higher fee. If so, the non-resident rate will be listed in the program details.
All information, including dates and times, are subject to change. We reserve the right to cancel any program if we don’t meet the minimum number of participants 1 week prior to the beginning of class.
Refunds will be issued up to 15 days prior to program begin date less $20.00 administrative fee.
- Refunds within 15 days of program start date only if space can be filled by applicant on wait list, less $20.00 administrative fee.
- Refunds will be issued for medical reasons up to the program start date (physicians note may be required). No prorated refunds will be issued once program begins.
- Full refund will be issued for any program canceled by the Parks and Recreation Department.
The request for program or activity refund form is available in the Parks and Recreation Department.
The following is the general weather policy for Trumbull Recreation programs:
- If school is canceled, all programs are canceled.
- If school dismisses early, all afternoon and evening programs are canceled.
- If school has a delay, all programs before 12 noon are canceled.
On Saturday, Sundays, and the summertime when school is not in session, notification of cancellations will be sent via our notification system. Please visit https://www.trumbull-ct.gov/AlertCenter.aspx to register for notifications.
Age specific programs vary by season. Some examples of these programs are Children’s Art and Sing-a-Long, Youth Swim Lessons. Children must be the required age on or prior to the start date of the program.
No Trumbull resident should be excluded from the programs and activities of the Trumbull Parks and Recreation Department due to an inability to pay applicable fees. The Trumbull Parks and Recreation Commission authorizes the Parks and Recreation Director to approve a reduction or waiver of fees for residents based on the following criteria:
- Multiple Child Family Discount – Siblings age 16 and under registering for the same program and the same session. – 20% discount per registration. Only available for some programs.
- Senior Citizen Discount (age 62 and over) – 20%.
- Income Based Discount- Full and Partial Waivers are available for those who qualify. Please contact Social Services at 203-452-5133 for additional information.
Partial or full waiver of fees may be approved on a temporary basis by the Director of Parks and Recreation or the Director of Social Services on a case by case basis if in their judgement temporary or extenuating circumstances warrant such waiver. The Request for Program or Fee Reduction form will be available in the Parks and Recreation Department and the Social Services Department.