Law Enforcement Unit: Trumbull Police Department
- Position: Certified
- Closing Date: None
- Description: The Town of Trumbull is now accepting applications for certified police officers. Certified applicants must be either Connecticut P.O.S.T.C certified police officers with a minimum of two (2) continuous years of experience in good standing with their current department, or have retired in good standing, possessing current Connecticut POSTC Police Officer certification status. Applicants must have a valid CHIP card and successfully pass the CPCA written exam with a score of 70% at time of application. Applications are available online at www.policeapp.com Please visit www.policeapp.com for other qualifications. Current salary range is $60,756 - $85,154.00. The Town may, for newly hired certified officers, grant experience credit equal to one (1) step on the wage grid for each two full years of prior certified police experience. If you have any questions, please send an email to: email@example.com EOE
The Town of Trumbull is now accepting applications for entry level police officers and certified police officers.
Certified applicants must be either Connecticut POST certified police officers with a minimum of two (2) continuous years of experience in good standing with their current department, or have retired in good standing, possessing current Connecticut POST Police Officer certification status.
Must be U.S. citizen, resident of CT, possess valid CT driver’s license at the time of appointment, nonsmoker, and age 21 upon appointment. Please visit www.policeapp.com for other qualifications. The current salary range is $58,254 to 81,647.
Applications & Additional Information
Applications are available online.
If you have any questions, please email Recruitment.
Career Opportunities in Law Enforcement
Not only is the Trumbull Police Department a great agency to work for, but Trumbull is also a great community in which to live. Just one hour to Manhattan and just hours to northern New England, Trumbull, as well as the state of Connecticut, offers world-class opportunities for recreation, arts, entertainment, and education. Trumbull and the surrounding area has something for everyone, including:
Police Officers with the Trumbull Police Department have a flexible schedule which enables them to enjoy all that the area has to offer.
The Trumbull Police Department is comprised of 81 sworn officers and has the following divisions, which provide an opportunity for varied interests:
- Canine Unit
- Detective Bureau
- Dive Team
- Emergency Response Team
- Patrol Division
- Records Division
- Traffic Division
The Trumbull Police Department:
- Has both indoor and outdoor ranges for weapons training
- Respond to about 20,000 calls for service annually
- Serves 35,900 residents and an average daytime population of over 100,000
- Trains all officers in ice and water rescue