As you know, the Coronavirus has made its way into Connecticut with 2 known cases. The Senior Center and Social Services staff are working closely with town officials and the Health Department to monitor the virus closely. Those currently at high risk for corona virus are:
· Older adults|
· People who have serious chronic medical conditions like: Heart disease, Diabetes, Lung disease
What preparations you should take:
· Have enough household items and groceries on hand so that you will be prepared to stay at home for a period of time.
· Have 30 days of prescription medications available. Make sure your prescriptions are filled and you have over the counter medications you need.
· If you or a loved one has a paid caregiver, determine a back up plan, is there someone else that can help you if your caregiver gets sick or cannot get to your home.
· Avoid crowds as much as possible.
Please do not come to the Senior Center if:
· You are not feeling well and have any of the following symptoms; coughing, sneezing, shortness of breath or a fever, please stay home and contact your physician.
· You have come in contact with anyone who has traveled to any high risk region or anyone who may be infected with COVID-19 (coronavirus) please don’t come to the senior center for 14 days which is the length of time it could take for someone to show symptoms.
*Any person at the Center who is exhibiting symptoms (coughing, sneezing, shortness of breath) will be asked to leave the Center and return home and be asked call to their physician. Staff will be sure to follow up with our members.
If you come to the Senior Center:
· WASH YOU HANDS often with soap and warm water.
· Keep your distance from others. No need to shake hands when you can give a peace sign!
· Stop at our hand sanitizing stations
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
· Cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue and discard the tissue, do not place it down anywhere! If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow if you have to.
· Use your knuckles or elbow instead of your hand to turn on light switches, press elevator buttons, etc.
What precautions we are taking at the Senior Center (and Food Pantry):
· Some trips and Programs will be cancelled that are expected to have large crowds.
· Hand sanitizing stations have been placed at every entrance. Cleaning staff are wiping down surfaces, handles, door knobs, etc.
If you know someone who needs shopping or transportation assistance, please contact the Center at (203) 452-5199.
Trumbull Health Department Coronavirus Information