Due to COVID-19, preventive measures have been taken, including the closure of the Town Hall facility and the Health Department to the public. The following preventive measures have been implemented regarding permits, applications and inspections:
Restaurants and Food Service Establishments
Per the order of the Governor of Connecticut, all restaurants and bars will remain closed to the public, except for delivery and take-out. Inspections of food service establishments will continue as this office sees fit, to limit both restaurant staff and the staff of the Health Department from potential exposure. Until further notice, all temporary events and Itinerant Vendor licensure and applications will be suspended. The Health Department staff will answer any questions you may have regarding your concerns. Please continue to adhere to the following protocols to ensure the safety and health of your patrons and staff:
- All staff must remain home if sick.
- Continue to practice good hygiene, including thorough handwashing for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water.
- Sanitize surfaces every 4 hours or more frequently, if needed, with approved sanitizers for food and non-food contact surfaces.
- Be sure to sanitize surfaces such as doorknobs, phones, menus and any other areas that are not typically sanitized on a frequent basis.
- Be sure your dishwasher is working properly to sanitize food service equipment; if utilizing a 3-bay sink, be sure to use the proper sanitizing strength and use test strips to ensure the strength is accurate.
- Instructions and approved sanitizers can be found at the following links: https://portal.ct.gov/DPH/Environmental-Health/Food-Protection/Frequently-Asked-Questions#5
- For food establishment plan reviews, please contact the office prior to dropping off plans. Inspections will be scheduled by phone.
Daycares and Preschools
At this time, the state is not requiring the closure of daycares and preschools. If food is served or prepared at these establishments, be sure to follow the protocol listed above. Routine bi-annual daycare and preschool inspections will be conducted before or after hours when the children are not in attendance. Please contact this office to schedule an inspection.
Please continue to adhere to the following protocols to ensure the safety and health of the children and your staff.
Hair and Nail Salons, Massage Establishments, Barbershops and Cosmetology Shops
At this time, the state is not requiring the closure of hair and nail salons, massage establishments, barbershops and cosmetology shops. Please continue to adhere to the following protocols to ensure the safety and health of your patrons and staff:
Septic Inspections/Installations, Repairs, B100s
Septic system inspections and B100s will continue to be conducted. Please contact the office prior to dropping off plans. Inspections will be scheduled by phone.
Housing Complaints and Inspections:
All interior residential complaint inspections for single family homes and occupied multi-family units are suspended until further notice. Inspections will only be conducted for emergency situations. Outdoor inspections for residential properties will continue at this time.
- If any member of a household becomes ill, please call to cancel your inspection appointment.
Please continue to check the Town of Trumbull website at www.trumbull-ct.gov for inspection and other updates. Staff will be responding to email and telephone calls to address any questions or special circumstances.
Thank you for your cooperation during this time.