Governor Lamont announced today that members of the
Reopen Connecticut Advisory Group’s Business Committee will hold a roundtable discussion on Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
regarding the impact of COVID-19 on the state’s business community. Details below.
Members of the public who have questions for the panel can email their inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The discussion will be broadcast live by the Connecticut Network (CT-N), and available to view on its cable television channel and via a live stream on CT-N.com.
Some of the members of the advisory group’s Business Committee who will participate include:
- Moderator: David Lehman, Commissioner of the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development
- Joe Brennan, President and CEO of the Connecticut Business and Industry Association
- Oni Chukwu, Executive Chairman of Aventri
- Dan Meiser, Chairman of the Connecticut Restaurant Association
- Fran Pastore, President and CEO of the Women’s Business Development Council
- Meredith Reuben, CEO of EBP Supply Solutions
- David Roche, President of the Connecticut Building Trades
- Garrett Sheehan, President and CEO of the Greater New Haven Chamber of Commerce
Also, earlier this week, members of the advisory group’s education committee held a similar roundtable discussion regarding the impact of COVID-19 on schools. Video of that discussion can be watched online here.
The Reopen Connecticut Advisory Group is a panel of local health, business, workforce, and education experts who are consulting with the Lamont administration and legislative leadership on the reopening of Connecticut’s economy and education system as the nation emerges from the unprecedented public health emergency caused by COVID-19. The group is providing Governor Lamont with recommendations, which the governor is using to inform his decisions on the reopening of the state.