WEEKLY UPDATE: Week of 7/26/2021
- COVID-19 cases rates are rising again nationwide as well as in Connecticut.
- The majority of new infections, hospitalizations, and deaths are occurring in unvaccinated persons.
- There have been breakthrough cases in those who have been vaccinated. In most of these cases, symptoms have been mild and have not resulted in severe illness or hospitalizations.
- The COVID-19 vaccine does not prevent disease. It does, however, reduce the severity of the disease causing fewer hospitalizations and death.
- COVID-19 vaccinations are available at the Trumbull Health Department. Call 203-638-5230 for an appointment today if you are interested.
- At this time, vaccinations are the most effective strategy in combating this illness.