News Flash Home
The original item was published from 8/9/2021 9:44:10 AM to 8/10/2021 12:30:46 PM.
Posted on: August 2, 2021
[ARCHIVED] Trumbull Health Department COVID-19 Weekly Update
Weekly Update: Week of 8/2/2021
- Trumbull Health Department will be offering the Pfizer vaccine beginning the week of Aug 9th. Please call the THD at 203 638-5230 to make your appointment! Children 12-15 and older are eligible, would need to be accompanied by an adult and show proof of age.
- COVID-19 cases rates are rising again nationwide as well as in Connecticut.
- The majority of new infections, hospitalizations, and deaths are occurring in unvaccinated persons.
- There have been breakthrough cases in those who have been vaccinated. In most of these cases, symptoms have been mild and have not resulted in severe illness or hospitalizations. The COVID-19 vaccine does not prevent disease. It does, however, reduce the severity of the disease causing fewer hospitalizations and death.
- COVID-19 vaccinations are available at the Trumbull Health Department. Call 203-638-5230 for an appointment today if you are interested. At this time, vaccinations are the most effective strategy in combating this illness.