The U.I. Company has announced that the second phase of their "Enhanced Tree Trimming Program" is scheduled to start this summer. A work planner from Asplunph Tree Experts will be contacting property owners to request the signing of a "Consent Form" for tree work in their affected area. The U.I.'s goal is to establish a "Utility Protection Zone" around electrical conductors from ground to sky to improve electrical reliability.
Tree work will be conducted along the following town roads:
1) Edison Rd. from Rt. 111 to Leonard Pl.
2) Leonard Pl. from Edison Rd. to Glenwood Dr.
3) Evelyn St from Rt. 111 to Smith Dr.
4) Cottage St. from Rt. 111 to Westbrook Rd.
Tree work will be conducted along the following state roads:
1) Rt.111 from the Bridgeport line to Stonehouse Rd.
2) Rt.127 from Rt. 111 to Middlebrooks Ave.
If a property owner has concerns about pruning or removal of trees along town roads; they can contact the town tree warden at (203) 452-5050 or (203) 395-1710 and along state roads, they can contact the Department of Transportation at (203) 389-3008.
Tree work by U.I. will be announced on the town's web site.