Proceeds from vaccination clinics help to provide quality programs to our community
The Trumbull Monroe Health District will be holding several flu clinics this fall for pneumonia and seasonal flu vaccinations. All people 6 months of age and older are encouraged to get vaccinated. TMHD has injectable vaccine for those 6 months and older, Flumist, the nasal spray, is available for those 2 years of age to 49 years of age without a history of wheezing or asthma. Flumist covers four flu strains. Home visits can be made for those who are homebound. If you have vaccine questions, contact TMHD at 203-452-5195 and ask to speak to the public health nurse.
“TMHD flu clinics are offered at various times/locations in the community, providing a convenience to our residents,” said Patrice Sulik, TMHD Director of Health. “We are committed to vaccinating our residents, particularly those who are at high risk of complications from influenza.”
Proceeds received from the flu vaccination clinics help to offset cost and allow TMHD to provide quality programs and services to the community. Educational programs and screenings have been consistently added to our list of services. “Due in large part to our flu vaccination clinics last year, TMHD has been able to offer low-cost cholesterol screenings to those in our community,” stated Sulik.
This year, TMHD has several types of flu vaccinations available:
- Fluzone, no latex, for those 6 months of age and older,
- Fluzone, High Dose with no preservatives and no latex, for those 65 years of age and older, and
- FluMist, for ages 2-49 without a history of wheezing or asthma
Seasonal flu clinics are planned for:
- Wednesday, 9/24, 2-4 pm TMHD office, 2 Corporate Drive, Suite 116, Trumbull
- Friday, 9/26, 9-11 am TMHD office, 2 Corporate Drive, Suite 116, Trumbull
- Monday, 9/29 , 9-11 am, TMHD office , 2 Corporate Drive, Suite 116, Trumbull
- Wednesday, 10/1, 12-2 pm, Monroe Senior Center, 235 Cutlers Farm Road, Monroe
- Thursday, 10/2, 11 am – 1pm, TMHD office, 2 Corporate Drive, Suite 116, Trumbull
- Wednesday, 10/8, 4:30-6:30 pm, TMHD office, 2 Corporate Drive, Suite 116,Trumbull
- Thursday, 10/9, 9-10:30 am, Grace Episcopal Church, 5958 Main St., Trumbull
- Friday, 10/17, 9-11 am, TMHD office, 2 Corporate Drive, Suite 116, Trumbull
- Wednesday, 10/ 22, 7:30-9:30 am, TMHD office, 2 Corporate Drive, Suite 116, Trumbull
- Tuesday, 10/28, 9-11 am, TMHD office, 2 Corporate Drive, Suite 116, Trumbull
There are no residency requirements and no appointments are necessary. The cost of the flu vaccines and FluMist is $30.00. Cash and check are accepted. TMHD accepts Aetna, Anthem, Cigna, ConnectiCare, and Medicare Part B. All insurance cards must be brought to the clinic for billing purposes, as well as a driver’s license (if you have one). Participants are responsible for the insurance deductible, at the time of vaccination. Residents who are unable to pay the vaccination fee should contact the Public Health Nurse at TMHD for assistance at 203-452-5195.
“Prevention is the best means to help stop the spread of seasonal flu,” said Sulik. “We would be happy to try to accommodate resident’s schedules. If you are unable to make the above clinic time simply call the public health nurse at 203-452-5195 to schedule an appointment.”
Also available at the flu clinics are pneumonia vaccinations. The pneumonia vaccine is recommended for:
- All adults 65 years of age and older
- Anyone 18 through 64 years of age who is a smoker, has asthma or has a condition that lowers the body’s resistance to infection.If you have questions regarding pneumonia vaccine, please contact the Health District.
The cost for the pneumonia vaccine is $60.00. Cash or checks are accepted. The pneumonia vaccination is covered by Aetna, Anthem, Cigna, ConnectiCare, and Medicare B. All co-pays and deductibles must be paid by the participant.
For more information on the flu clinics or vaccinations, contact TMHD at 203-452-5195.
The mission of the Trumbull Monroe Health District is to protect the health of residents, and to prevent disease. For more information, call the Trumbull Monroe Health District at 203-452-5195, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. or visit our website at www.tmhd.org.