TMHD Announces Flu Clinic Schedule
Proceeds from vaccination clinics help to provide quality programs to our community
“TMHD is happy to announce the expansion of insurance providers for this year’s vaccine,” said Patrice Sulik, TMHD Director of Health. “We now accept Aetna and Cigna as well as Anthem, Connecticare and Medicare, Part B for both flu and pneumonia vaccinations. TMHD flu clinics are offered at various times/locations in the community, providing convenience to our residents as well as members of our daytime community.” Proceeds received from the flu vaccination clinics allow TMHD to provide more programs and services to the community.There are no residency requirements and no appointments are necessary for these clinics. The cash price for flu vaccination is $25.00 (cash and checks accepted). All insurance cards must be brought to the clinic for billing purposes, as well as a driver’s license (if you have one). Participants are responsible for the insurance co-pay or deductible, at the time of vaccination. If your insurance company does not fully cover the cost of the vaccination, TMHD will bill you the balance. Residents who are unable to pay the vaccination fee or who are unable to attend the above clinic times should contact the Public Health Nurse.
Also available at the flu clinics are pneumonia vaccinations. The pneumonia vaccine is recommended for:
• All adults 65 years of age and older
• Anyone 2 through 64 years of age who is a smoker or has asthma or has a condition that lowers the body’s resistance to infection. The cost for the pneumonia vaccine is $60.00. All co-pays and deductibles must be paid by the participant.
Seasonal flu clinics are planned for:
• Thursday, September 19, from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., Trumbull Monroe Health District, 2 Corporate Drive, Suite 116, Trumbull
• Monday, September 23, from 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., Trumbull Monroe Health District, 2 Corporate Drive, Suite 116, Trumbull
• Tuesday, September 24, from 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., Grace Episcopal Church, 5958 Main Street, Trumbull
• Wednesday, September 25, from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., Monroe Town Hall, 7 Fan Hill Road, Monroe
• Tuesday, October 1, from 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m., Monroe Senior Center, 235 Cutler’s Farm Road, Monroe for ages 55 and older
• Thursday, October 3, from 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m., Trumbull Monroe Health District, 2 Corporate Drive, Suite 116, Trumbull
• Wednesday, October 9, from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., Trumbull Monroe Health District, 2 Corporate Drive, Suite 116, Trumbull
• Friday, October 11, from 7:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., Trumbull Monroe Health District, 2 Corporate Drive, Suite 116, Trumbull
“Prevention is the best means to help stop the spread of seasonal flu,” said Sulik. “TMHD is committed to vaccinating our residents, particularly those who are at high risk of complications from influenza.”