General Business Advice & Technical Assistance
- Setting Up Shop, A Commercial Space Readiness Guidebook (PDF): Helps small business owners understand and apply real estate concepts to advance their goals by providing an overview of the steps to launching a new brick-and-mortar space.
- CT Economic Development Catalogue (PDF) : An overview of all the organizations that support Economic Development in our state.
- Cottage Industry Guide (PDF) : A guide for cottage food operators from the CT Department of Consumer Protection.
- DEEP Client Concierge Service: A central point of contact that guides applicants through the environmental permitting and review process.
- Connecticut Economic Resource Center: Database of Connecticut business programs and services. Site finder services available.
- Hoovers: Find company and industry information.
- Insperity: Human Resources assistance.
- International Trade Administration: U.S. government resource for competing in the global marketplace.
- SCORE: SCORE provides free counseling services, training, guides, and other tools to help you start and grow your business.
- Small Business Administration (SBA): CT District of the U.S. SBA provides help with SBA services including funding programs, counseling, federal contracting certification, and disaster recovery as well as connection to organization helping small businesses succeed.
- CT Small Business Development Center: Trained and experienced full-time advisors work with a variety of small businesses in all industries and stages of development by providing no-cost advisory services.
- Small Business Development Council (SBDCNET): SBDCNET provides timely, relevant research, web-based information, and training to SBDC counselors and their clients.
- Trade Port: Access detailed information about waterborne shipping.
- Trumbull Library: Check out the library’s business database, or ask a librarian for help.
- CTHires: Job listing resource
- Department of Labor: Business Services Representatives provide support to help navigate policy and incentives for hiring workers.
- Workplace: Provides job listings, job training resources and potential workers.
- MyCTSavings: New retirement savings program, overseen by the CT Office of the State Comptroller, helping employers offer a way for employees to save and plan for the future.
- State DECD Financial Incentives for Businesses (PDF): An overview of State business incentive programs from AdvanceCT.
- State Trade Expansion Program (STEP): A grant designed to help CT’s small business community thrive in the global marketplace.
- Application for Small Business Web Design / Digital Services: Web design and marketing services by experienced digital consulting firms at no cost to small businesses. This program is made available by the U.S. Economic Development Administration and Connecticut Department of economic and Community Development.
- Cyber Security Readiness (PDF): A cyber security overview. The dangers of cyber security attacks and best practice for preventing them.
- Cyber Security Tips and Tricks from CT SBDC (PDF): CT Cyber tips, do’s and don’ts, and solutions for protecting your business against cyber threats.