Public Fingerprinting Notice
Effective 07/21/2021, the Trumbull Police Department is temporarily suspending public fingerprinting. The State of Connecticut is updating their statewide fingerprinting system. The entire process will be changing and we intend to update the public of those changes as soon as possible.
We thank you in advance for your patience.
Fingerprinting for employment or pistol permits is available on Wednesday and by appointment only. Appointments can be made by calling 203-261-3665, press 2.
Fingerprinting is conducted by Detective Bureau personnel, and is only available on Wednesdays between 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM and from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM at Police Headquarters. You must be a Trumbull resident or be seeking childcare or Board of Education employment in town. It is recommended that you adhere to the following procedure to speed the processing and make your experience more pleasurable.
Fingerprinting Instructions for Employment
- Call to schedule an appointment. Phone: 203-261-3665, press 2
- Give your name and reason being fingerprinted.
- Give a callback number in case the Detective has to cancel.
- There is a $10 fee; please bring the exact amount in cash.
- Completely fill out the fingerprint card(s) but do not sign them until witnessed by a detective. Be sure to have proper identification.
- Walk-ins will not be processed.
Fingerprinting Instructions for Pistol Permit Applications
- Pick up an application from the Police Department lobby at 158 Edison Road
- Check the cover letter attached to the application to be sure you have all the required documents and fee
- Call 203-261-3665 press 2 for the Detective Bureau to make a fingerprint appointment. At the appointment you will submit the required documents and fee.