The Sustainable Trumbull Team is a citizen-led group, formed by the First Selectman, who are working to make our town more fiscally, socially, and environmentally sustainable. We are proud to have just received Bronze Certification from the State of CT as a town which is on the path to using clean, renewable energy sources, who encouraging recycling efforts as well as local sustainable practices: SustainableCT
SustainableCT communities strive to be thriving, resilient, collaborative, and forward-looking. They build community and local economy. They equitably promote the health and well-being of current and future residents, and they respect the finite capacity of the natural environment.
Sustainable Trumbull is a citizen-led group working to make our town more fiscally, socially, and environmentally, sustainable. In November 2020, we were awarded Bronze certification from Sustainable CT, and are working tirelessly towards Silver certification in 2021!
Sustainable Trumbull Logo Contest
Have a creative side? Want to contribute to the Sustainable Team? Submit your entry for our Logo Contest! See the details on our Sustainable Trumbull Logo Contest Information Sheet.
Agendas & Minutes
Mary Ellen Lemay
- Conservation Commission
- Trumbull Nature & Arts Center
- Hazardous Waste Day
- Large Item Pick Up
- Monthly Recycling Drive @ Trumbull High School (2nd Saturday of the month; 9:00-1:00): Alongside the THS Band's bottle/can collection drive. Sustainable will be collecting/recycling: Jeans, Sneakers; Ink toners; Plastic bags/plastic wrapping/bubble wrap; Razors/blades and packaging; Shampoo/conditioner/bottle wash containers; Yankee, Chesapeake, Woodwih Trilogy Candles; Baby food containers; Dried out pens/markers/glue sticks; Used oral care paste/brushes; Plastic food storage containers; Entenmann's and Late July snack packaging.
- Composting At Home
- Frequently Asked Questions on Recycling
- What's In/What's Out Quick Link Recycling Guide
- Plastic Wrap Recycling/Trex
- YouTube Sustainable Trumbull Presentations: Pollinator Pathway; Reuse & Recycle; Composting; Identifying Invasive Species; Green Energy Financing for Building Owners; Conservation Commission-Low Impact Development
- Sustainable School Initiatives: (Check back for updates from time to time)
- Seasonal Hints & Tips: