News Flash Home
The original item was published from 5/26/2020 4:44:00 PM to 5/28/2020 8:56:02 AM.
Posted on: March 17, 2020
[ARCHIVED] Updated 05/23/20: Trumbull Closings and Cancellations
TRUMBULL CLOSINGS and CANCELLATIONS
- All Trumbull Public and Private Schools are CLOSED until further notice. Before and after childcare programs, such as TLC, are CLOSED. All school out-of-district and out-of-state field trips are CANCELED or POSTPONED. PTA Events are canceled.
- Tashua Knolls Golf Course is now open, subject to some restrictions. For information, please visit: http://www.tashuaknolls.com/. The concession stand at Tashua Knolls is open for outside dining only.
- The Center at Priscilla Place (Trumbull Senior Center) is CLOSED until further notice. Phone: 203 452-5199 leave a message if you need assistance.The Food Pantry is operational for all residents in need, including those who are unable to go out and shop due to COVID-19. No income verification is necessary for use of the Food Pantry at this time. Any resident in need of food may use the pantry. There are pick-up and delivery options available. Please call the pantry at 203 452-5136 or visit: https://www.trumbull-ct.gov/767/Social-Services-COVID-19-Resources for additional information.
- The Trumbull Library, including the Fairchild-Nichols Memorial Library, is CLOSED until further notice.
- Town Hall is CLOSED until further notice. This includes the Parks and Recreation Department, the Health Department, the Public Works Department, the Trumbull Animal Shelter, the Trumbull Nature and Arts Center, and the Mary J. Sherlach Counseling Center. Employees are working remotely and will be monitoring e-mails and phones while working from home. Please call 203 452-5000 for a directory of departments. A Departmental Directory can also be found here. Please leave a message and your call will be returned. Kindly leave sufficient time for a response. Refer to "03/25/20: Trumbull Town Government Operations During COVID-19" for critical information.
- The Trumbull Police Department is temporarily suspending scheduling requests for routine services, including fingerprinting, safety car seat installations, etc.
- The following Town Parks are currently open for passive recreation: walking, biking, running: The Rails to Trails, Old Mine Park, Great Oak Park, Twin Brooks Park and Beach Memorial Park. No gatherings, and no groups of more than 5 people, preferably from your own household, are permitted. No organized sports of any kind. All playgrounds and athletic fields remain closed. Masks should be worn when social distancing of 6 feet or more is not possible. A valid 2019 or 2020 park sticker is required for parking. Please visit: https://www.trumbull-ct.gov/Faq.aspx?QID=198 for instructions for obtaining a park sticker if you do not currently have a valid one.
- Summer Trumbull Recreation Program registration is postponed until further notice. More information on our summer recreation opportunities, including camps and pools, will be posted as more information becomes available. All team sports activities, including those with permits, are CANCELED. All town sports fields and school fields are CLOSED.
- Outside groups will not be permitted to use town and school facilities, including school gyms and auditoriums.
- Refer to the Town Meeting Calendar for cancellations, rescheduled or planned meetings.