Tax Deferment: We know that many homeowners and businesses are struggling in these uncertain times. The Governor issued an executive order that gave towns options to help defer taxes. On Tuesday, April 21, 2020, the Trumbull Town Council approved a deferment program for all taxpayers, including businesses, in Trumbull. The deferment applies to the following taxes and fees that became due on April 1, 2020 and that will become due through and including July 1, 2020.
- April 1st real estate tax and sewer assessment: last day for payment without interest is extended from May 1, 2020 to July 1, 2020
- May 1st sewer use fee: last day for payment without interest is extended from June 1, 2020 to August 3, 2020
- July 1st real estate tax, sewer assessment, personal property tax, and motor vehicle tax: last day for payment without interest is extended from August 3, 2020 to October 1, 2020
- Imposition of lien fees is not affected.
- Real estate accounts in escrow and paid by a bank are not eligible for this program
- No application is necessary for taxpayers, including businesses, unless they are considered a landlord.
Tax Deferment for Landlords: Trumbull landlords who wish to be included in the program will need to file an eligibility application. To learn more about how to qualify from the Tax Assessor’s office, please call 203-452-5016 or email email@example.com.
For safety and security reasons, there will be no drop off box for tax payments. Please mail in payments or use our online system. No cash will be accepted through the mail. If mailing your tax payment, please address to Trumbull Town Hall, Tax Collector, 5866 Main Street, Trumbull, CT 06611. Use the following link to pay your taxes online: https://www.trumbull-ct.gov/285/Online-Tax-InquiryPayment-System