What are the fees for recordings?

As of December 1, 2017, the charges to record a land record document are as follows:

  • The $5 for each additional page and the $2 fee for conveyances over $2,000 remain the same.
  • The Fee for filing a Foreclosed Property Registrations is $60
  • The fee to record a document on the land records is $60 for the first page.
  • Nominee (MERS) fees have not changed and will remain at the flat fee of $159 for Releases and Assignments (when Nominee is the Releasor/Grantor), and $159 plus $5 for each additional page for other Nominee (MERS) recordings.

Any document received for recording on December 1st is charged the new fee even if it was mailed and postmarked earlier. The statutes do not allow for an exception to the recording fee and all documents recorded in the month of December 2017 will be subject to the new fee and the revised allocation of funds.

Show All Answers

1. Where can I obtain working papers?
2. How do I become a Notary Public?
3. How do I obtain a copy of a marriage or a death certificate?
4. How do I apply for a dog license? How do I renew my dog's license?
5. How do I obtain a copy of my child's birth certificate?
6. How do I register a business out of my home?
7. What is the conveyance tax in Trumbull?
8. What do I need to do to obtain a marriage license?
9. Where do I go to get a streetlight fixed or put onto my street?
10. Where do I go to get a stop sign on my street?
11. Where can I find information about hazardous waste?
12. When will my leaves be picked up by the town?
13. Who do I call if my mailbox gets hit in the winter?
14. Do I need a permit to have a tag sale?
15. Where do I get a subdivision map of my property?
16. To whom do I speak to get permission to put up a fence?
17. How do I arrange to get a pickup of large items?
18. What are the fees for recordings?
19. Where do I obtain a Parks sticker for my car?
20. How do I obtain an absentee ballot?
21. How do I submit a Freedom of Information Request?
22. How can I perform a Title Search?