Rules and Regulations
If your entry is selected to be in this year’s parade, you will receive an email with detailed information regarding arrival time, lineup, etc. The following rules and regulations will apply to all participants:
- All participants must assemble at the Long Hill Green area near the former Marisa’s parking area which is currently under construction – 6540 Main Street, Trumbull, one hour prior to parade time. (9:00 AM at the latest). Parade time is 10:00 AM. There is NO parking at the former Marisa’s site.
- Drivers must have a valid driver’s license to operate a motorized vehicle
- Vehicles that are not included in the application will NOT be admitted
- No children will be allowed to stand in vehicles for safety reasons
- All vehicles will be issued a permit that must be shown when arriving for parade
- Sponsor identification on float must be on both sides (non-commercial)
- Marching Units and multi-vehicle units must be preceded by an identifying banner or sign (noncommercial)
- No advertising fliers, business cards, etc. can be distributed
- Nothing may be thrown into or at the audience for the safety of our spectators
- The parade will not be cancelled due to weather conditions unless deemed unsafe, so come prepared for rain, cold, or heat.
- If your entry is selected to be in this year’s parade, you will be contacted by email to provide you with detailed information regarding arrival time, line up, etc.
- If you have any specific questions, please contact Kathleen McGannon at 203-452-5001 or at email@example.com
- The Trumbull Police Officers and Explorers and the Trumbull CERT team will control the conduct and traffic flow of the parade. Participants will obey the directions of the Trumbull Police Officers as they relate to the parade. Failure to do so will cause the offending individual or unit to be removed from the parade. Individuals and organizations in the parade are expected to behave courteously and with safety in mind at all times during the formation, execution and dismissal of the parade.
- No animals allowed in the parade.
- Late units and late participants may not be allowed to participate.
We want you to come, march, and have a wonderful time as we celebrate our freedom and those who died to keep us safe and free. The above rules will help us run a safe parade and allow all present to enjoy our wonderful Memorial Day tradition. We look forward to seeing you!!!