Rules and Regulations
If your entry is selected to be in this year's parade, you will receive an email with detailed information regarding arrival time, lineup, etc. The following rules and regulations will apply to all participants:
- All participants must assemble at the former Marisa's parking lot (6540 Main Street, Trumbull) one hour prior to parade time (9:00 AM at the latest). Parade start is 10:00 AM.
- Drivers must have a valid driver's license to operate a motorized vehicle.
- Vehicles that are not included in the application will NOT be admitted.
- No children will be allowed to stand in vehicles.
- All vehicles must submit a valid registration to be issued a permit. Permit must be shown when arriving for parade.
- Group identification on floats must appear on both sides. No commercial advertising may appear on the float.
- Marching units and multi-vehicle units must be preceded by an identifying banner or sign (noncommercial).
- No advertising fliers, business cards, etc., can be distributed.
- Nothing may be thrown into or at the audience.
- The parade will not be cancelled simply due to weather conditions. Unless it is deemed unsafe to march, come prepared for rain, cold, or heat.
- The Trumbull Police Officers and Explorers will control the conduct and traffic flow of the parade. Participants will obey the directions of the Trumbull Police Officers and Explorers as they relate to the parade. Failure to do so will cause the offending individual or unit to be removed from the parade. Individuals and organizations in the parade are expected to behave courteously and with safety in mind at all times during the formation, execution, and dismissal of the parade.
- No animals allowed in the parade (not including service dogs).
- Late units and late participants may not be permitted to participate. Such permission will be at the discretion of Trumbull Police Department and parade organizers.
If you have any specific questions, please contact Kathleen McGannon at 203-452-5001. We want you to come, march, and have a wonderful time as we celebrate our freedom and those who died to keep us safe and free. The above rules will help us run a safe parade and allow all present to enjoy our wonderful Memorial Day tradition. We look forward to seeing you!!!