Rules and Regulations
For the Town of Trumbull Memorial Day Parade:
- All participants will assemble at the Long Hill Green area near the new shopping plaza, Long Hill Market, at 6540 Main Street. There will not be parking or parade line up in the new plaza. We will use the surrounding areas. Please arrive one hour prior to parade time. Parade time is 10:00am. There is NO parking of any cars in the new plaza.
- Drivers need a valid driver’s license to operate a motorized vehicle.
- Vehicles that are not included in the application can NOT be admitted.
- Please do not allow children to stand in vehicles for safety reasons.
- All vehicles will be issued a permit that must be shown when arriving for parade.
- Sponsor identification on float should be on both sides (non-commercial).
- Marching Units and multi-vehicle units should be preceded by an identifying banner or sign (non-commercial).
- No advertising flyers, business cards, etc. can be distributed.
- For the safety of our spectators, we ask that nothing be thrown to or at the spectators.
- The parade will not be cancelled due to weather conditions unless deemed unsafe, so come prepared for rain, cold, or heat.
- If your entry is selected to be in this year’s parade, you will be contacted by email to provide you with detailed information regarding arrival time, line up, etc.
- If you have any specific questions, please contact Kathleen McGannon at 203-452-5001 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Trumbull Police Officers and Explorers and the Trumbull CERT team will control the conduct and traffic flow of the parade. Participants should obey the directions of the Trumbull Police Officers as they relate to the parade. Individuals and organizations in the parade are asked to behave courteously and with safety in mind at all times during the formation, execution and dismissal of the parade.
- Sorry, no animals are allowed in the parade.
- Late units and late participants may not be allowed to participate.
We want you to come, march, and have a wonderful time as we celebrate our freedom and those who died to keep us safe and free. The above rules will help us run a safe parade and allow all present to enjoy our wonderful Memorial Day tradition. We look forward to seeing you!!!