Rules and Regulations
For the Town of Trumbull Memorial Day Parade:
- All participants will assemble at the Long Hill Green area near the new shopping plaza, Long Hill Market, at 6540 Main Street. There will not be parking or parade line up in the new plaza. We will use the surrounding areas. Please arrive one hour prior to parade time. Parade time is 10:00am. There is NO parking of any cars in the new plaza.
Main Street will be closed to traffic at 8:30 AM between Gisella Road and Wanueta Road. Cars coming from the south on Main Street to drop off marchers may use Wanueta Road to exit to Whitney Avenue. Broadway will be available to exit the area or cars may go out to Daniels Farm Road. Cars may also drop off from the north at Gisella Road and use Gisella Road to exit the area.
- Drivers need a valid driver’s license to operate a motorized vehicle. Copy of driver’s license and registration need to be provided to the First Selectman’s Office.
- Vehicles must be registered on the Trumbull Memorial Day Parade Application (PDF)
- Please do not allow children to stand in vehicles for safety reasons.
- All vehicles will be issued a permit that must be shown when arriving for parade.
- Sponsor identification on any float should be on both sides (non-commercial).
- Marching Units and multi-vehicle units should be preceded by an identifying banner or sign (non-commercial).
- No advertising flyers, business cards, etc. can be distributed during the parade.
- For the safety of our spectators, we ask that nothing be thrown to or at the spectators.
- The parade will not be cancelled due to weather conditions unless deemed unsafe, so come prepared for rain, cold, or heat.
- If you have any specific questions, please contact Kathleen McGannon at 203-452-5001 or at email@example.com .
- The Trumbull Police Officers and Explorers and the Trumbull CERT team will control the conduct and traffic flow of the parade. Participants should obey the directions of the Trumbull Police Officers as they relate to the parade. Individuals and organizations in the parade are asked to behave courteously and with safety in mind at all times during the formation, execution, and dismissal of the parade.
- Sorry, no animals are allowed in the parade.
- Late units and late participants may not be allowed to participate.
We want you to come, march, and have a wonderful time as we celebrate our freedom and those who died to keep us safe and free. The above rules will help us run a safe parade and allow all present to enjoy our wonderful Memorial Day tradition. We look forward to seeing you!!!