Friends of the Trumbull Library
*Join Us For Our Friendsgiving Membership Drive*
Saturday, November 11, from 10 am until 1 pm in the Library Community Room.
The Friends of the Trumbull Library (The Friends) was created in 1970 to raise funds for a new library. The Friends have continued with their fundraising efforts to provide funding for additions to the library's book collection, periodicals, media, and for special library programs, including the children's summer reading program and town-wide book events.
There are three ways to become involved.
What is our Mission?
The Friends organizes philanthropic activities and advocates for augmented programs and services for the Trumbull Public Library while fostering inclusiveness, fellowship and a lifetime of learning.
- Promoting Education by supporting enriching learning experiences for all ages.
- Strengthen Community by fundraising for quality activities and events to strengthening community and advocate library services.
- Inspire curiosity, imagination and a lifetime of learning among patrons of Trumbull and surrounding areas.
What are our goals?
More than ever, we need a growing membership to help fill our ranks in order to support and expand our fundraising efforts. The Friends raise and receive funds for books, equipment, programs, and staff training needs not covered in the Town budget. For the future, the Friends hope to:
- Continue to foster citizens’ interest in supporting a superior library, one equipped with staff, collections, and facilities to serve the cultural needs of an expanding community.
- Raise money for library materials, equipment and programs.
- Promote an understanding of the benefits of a high-quality library with public officials, so that appropriations are sufficient to meet the ongoing needs of the library.
“The America I love still exists at the front desks of our public libraries”
- Kurt Vonnegut